JUNIOR OFFICIALS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
REFEREE BEGINNER COURSE EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST OPEN
The Mill Park Referee Branch is ascertaining interest in running a course for new Junior Referees aged between 12 & 13 to officiate on Saturdays the U8, U10 & U12s competitions
To register for this clinic you must be minimum 12 or 13 years of age at the time of the clinic
• The clinic cost $25.00 per person to attend. This will cover your copy of the simplified rules book, a Junior Referee Shirt and other material to assist you in your learning and development
• Matches are typically offered on a Saturday and run 8:15 am to 11:30 am.
• These clinics will cover such aspects as game rules, floor mechanics, hand signals, referee philosophy and more.
• Upon completion, you will be a certified “Junior Basketball Official”, by the WCBA Mill Park Association.
• Junior officials will be remunerated and earn pocket money
Purpose : To prepare young and new officials to officiate minor basketball.
Requirements for Junior Level 1 Certification
• Must attend and participate in all sessions of junior clinic conducted by the Mill Park Referee Coach this includes 2 class room theory sessions
• Attendance to all 2 junior clinics is compulsory – Tuesday 12 July & Wednesday 13 July
• Must have an excellent understanding of the game
• Applications must be received no later than 4th July 2016
• Please see Application Form for further details
If you would like to register for this course or have some questions about becoming a junior referee, please contact Theo Gessas (Mill Park Referees Advisor) via phone or email on details below before 4th July 2016.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 0475 982 622